Mga Pahina

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Maxi


I would love to say so much about my outfit except there is not much to say about it. I wore this to my sister's birthday dinner only because this maxi skirt has been in  my closet, unused, way too long. Wait, I must be exaggerating. I might have bought this just a few months back. Or not. I can't really remember. Maybe, just maybe, it has really been THAT long. Haha. Anywaaaay...

I don't wear a lot of maxi skirts, or maxi dresses for that matter. In fact, this was the first of only two maxis that I have ever bought. Why I WAS not into them, I don't know. But I'm happy I came across this one at Crossings Department Store one time while shopping with my mama. I tried it on and was surprised with how "perfectly" its spandex-ish fabric hugs my waist, and drapes through my (ehem!) long legs.

Maxi skirt, Apartment (Crossings Dept. Store)
Floral choker-type top, Freeway
Purse (vintage)
Knee-high gladiators, People Are People
I have not much advice for those who want to wear maxis as I am not an expert in this piece of clothing. I, however, think that whatever body type you have, you'll find a way to make it work!! Anyway you have lots to choose from these days. Different versions of skirts have come out lately. We have, for one, mullet skirts, which is a cross between maxi skirts and short skirts. Try on as much skirts until you find the one that falls in the right places of your body- your waist and hips, your legs, and/or your ASSet.

PS: Find the one you'll feel most comfortable in. You don't have to buy one if you're not happy IN it. Wear your clothes. Don't make your clothes wear you because YOU, miss, are not a walking rack :)

PPS: We celebrated my ATE's 22nd birthday at Market Cafe, Hyatt Hotel.
Yes, she's older than me. HAHAHA
My awesome family

No comments:

Post a Comment